Gamecube game recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNGX1275

I bought a Gamecube off of E-Bay for what I consider to be a pretty darn good price for what I got. Now I'm looking for some good games for it. I realize I could read reviews and such and I probably will, but I'm looking for real person expierence. Right now I have the 2 games that I got with my purchase: Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, and Resident Evil 0.
Any good multi-players that you know of?
The 2 main reasons I got this was: 1. MarioKart (whenever thats comming out) and 2. The price.

Also for any of you that own this and are thinking of purchasing one of those Wavebird wireless controllers - I got one with my system and its nice, been using it all afternoon playing Tony Hawk, hasn't "misfired" once.

1) Metronoid Prime....
I've been assured by gamecube owning friends that this fps is very polished and the best game they have played on the gamecube...
2) Zelda : The Windtaker also has been rated highly by my friends...

The reason I picked up the Gamecube was because of Eternal Darkness; Sanity's Requiem. The game is incredible and the only other game I own for it is Metroid Prime which got old very quickly due to the sheer size of the levels and all the backtracking involved.
I definitely recommend Eternal Darkness, though. IMHO, it's the only game worth owning on gamecube even if it's not your type of game :eek:)

Yeah, ED rules...
Get Wind Waker too... but too bad you can't get the Ocarina of Time/Master Quest anymore... you've played OoT though right? if you haven't, try and find it somewhere...
You into fighters? Get Mortal Kombat... or wait and get Soul Calibur 2. Link is in it. Or... get both!
hehe

Originally posted by JackieChanIsGOD
you've played OoT though right? if you haven't, try and find it somewhere...
Yes.
Right now I'm getting fairly decent at Tony Hawk 3, went to Wal-Mart last night to look at games and prices and saw there is a Tony Hawk 4 out now.
I'll keep in mind those games already suggested.
Anyone have expierence with Tiger Woods Golf? It was $19.95 and one of my friends said it was good on PS2 I think.

I would have to say that Star Wars Bounty Hunter is a damn good game, and it came out on GameCube first I think. Anyway, if you are stuck, I would go for Bounty Hunter, it is an amazing all round game! And you are hearing this from someone who spends hours daily (not anymore, but I used to) playing it, just thought you might be interested ;) .

I love Zelda, I always have been a big fan of the series. I love those kind of mind thinking, strategy approach of games, if you like them too, try Zelda.

I myself had doubt of Nintendo coming through this generation alive. A lot of games are future releases, but there are still a lot of good ones.
Eternal Darkness.
Metroid Prime
Super Smash Brothers Melee
The Legend Of Zelda: The WindWaker
Mario Party 4 isn't bad if you don't have any of the first three
The Worms game that ISN'T a Puzzle Bobble wannabe (I think World Party)
MegaMan Battle Network: Transmission

Those are all out now.

Zoids VS
F-Zero GX
Wipeout Fusion

Those three are coming up soon, and are definate 'Keep at least $300 in the bank for the second they come out' releases, especially Zoids VS. And Playstation 2 AND X-Box, DON'T HAVE IT! YAY! The next Mario Kart game is coming out pretty soon, as well.

You can't miss with any of these games. But for an extraordinary sleeper, try "Beyond Good and Evil!" It's Outstanding in every way.

1. Beyond Good and Evil
2. Mario Kart Double Dash
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Viewtiful Joe
5. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
6. Super Smash Bros Melee
7. Metroid Prime
8. Tales of Symphonia
9. Mario Party
10. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

1. Zelda: Twilight Princess

2. Zelda: Wind Waker