Gamecube Slot A ruined

Status
Not open for further replies.
My little boy dropped our Gamecube Console. Without opening it, I can see that the port that the memory card plugs into is damaged. I can't find this part for sale on the net to fix it myself. Does anyone know if I can move the B port to the A side? If so, I will buy one of those gamebit tools. I don't know if the port is soldered to the motherboard.

If I am going to spend alot of money doing this, I might as well buy a new one. Arrrrrgh!

Thanks!

Hi.
Unfortunately, the memory slots are attached to the main motherboard (sockets soldered usually).
Here's a pic with the mem slots off to the right side:
http://www.n-sider.com/media/disassembly14_lg.jpg

A new motherboard can run about $19 though if you want to replace the whole darn thing. Just be sure to get one with a heatsink (i.e. not exposed chips like the picture) else you'll have to put thermal paste and attach your old one which can be a pain with cooling issues if it doesnt fit just right.

Hi mailpup.. try copying the link, then opening a fresh/new browser.. then paste it into the address bar.

Some of these sites don't like "referrers" and clicking it here will make this a referring link vs. natural/typed.

Works for a lot of links that may not show as pasting it into a new browser address fakes the site out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back