TechSpot

Gamer, wireless network drops me out constantly.

By eljan81
Jan 20, 2008
  1. This is an area I have less knowledge on than other areas.

Is there a way to optimise my wireless router/connection?

When I'm in games, it drops me out, but I still have internetivity.

I'm baffled, and I'd like to give wireless a good chance, instead of thinking it is useless. I know a couple other people who use wireless, but don't get dropped, but experience ping spikes.

I gather that my dropping out is a result of some ping spiking, but it's not all because of a ping spike, am I correct?

Also:
    I put in a DVDROM, to install UT3 and COD4. I had previously done some MS updates and needed to restart after installing COD4. When I restarted the DVDrom was no longer detected. The DVDrom does have power, but it gets cut off, when the Windows Loading screen starts up. Is this a problem I can fix in setup.

Also, my monitor connection worked it's way loose, and I tightened it, is this just a coincidence that I tightened the monitor cable and then the DVDrom no longer worked?

Thanks for any help.
    Eljan81

2. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

I don't know much at all about networks, so I can't help there, but...

about the DVDROM I believe it is coincidence, but you may wann check once more that all the connections are tight on the DVDROM.

3. eljan81

eljan81 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for "dodging" my question.

I'll recheck the connections. I just don't understand why it works when i just turn on the computer, and then stops, when WIndows starts to load.

Hope you get my little joke about "Dodging" :):haha:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.