Games Crashing after moving SATA RAID Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
I'm getting quite frustrated with my computer and I've been scouring the net for any info relating to my issue.
Every time I try to play a graphics intensive game my computer restarts. Sometimes right when the game menu boots and sometimes right when the game itself starts. It always happens at the exact same position in each game. This happens to any and all games I try aside from 'Majesty' which is by no means system intensive.

Now here's where the issue becomes really odd. At first glance it seems like simple overheating, however I've ruled that out since the games always crash at same position in every case. This all started after I moved my RAID drive plugs temporarily to try and install a new harddrive. Putting the plugs back into their slots didnt fix the problem.

I've now permanently moved the slots into their new positions and initially I thought it had to do with the harddrives themselves. But I also ruled that out since I can run the game over the network off of another computer and it will still crash.

I've done the following to try and fix it:
-Reinstalled windows
-Formatted the Raid drives
-Rebuilt the Raid Array
-Reinstalled the SATA RAID Drivers.
-Replaced the SATA Raid Drivers.
-Updated the BIOS

The problem started right after I moved the plugs from their initial SATA slots and then back again. I bet it's just some BIOS setting or something but I honestly can't figure out what it could be.

comp specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
A8V Deluxe Mobo
1gb ram
150gb SATA Raptor
223gb Seagate RAID array
Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT
Windows XP Professional SP2

Hope someone can figure this out :(

It sounds more like aram problem. try testing your ram with Memtest. ot try different modules if you have any.

WHat brand Power supply, watts and how much does it deliver ont he +12V rail? ( this info is on the label on the side of the PSU.)

Problem has been solved.
I went to replace my video card to check if that was indeed the problem and I discovered that it was actually a combination of issues. My current card was not getting enough power because it needed a dedicated power supply other than its slot. I had unplugged it in order to move the harddrives around.

Thanks for your help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back