Games for my New system

By TimeParadoX
Nov 28, 2006
  1. I built a new system ( see profile for specs ) I can run any game at high-ultra settings and I wanted to get a new game that would be fun to play

My games so far

RTS: Starcraft, Warcraft, Zero Hour

FPS: Counterstrike ( all ), Call of Duty ( all for computer ), Day of Defeat: source, FEAR, Oblivion, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, Battlefield ( all ), Half life ( all ) Quake ( all ), Farcry ( all ) UT2k4... You get the point, I have all the FPS that are good so far :)

TPS ( third person shooters ): Splintercell ( all )

Any suggestions?

I really like RTS games because they are fun and I can own some noobs with my micro :D

If there is any good TPS / FPS games out there that I dont have give me names so I can check them out next time im at Gamestop ;)
  2. Jesse_hz

Jesse_hz TS Maniac Posts: 545

Unreal Tournament 2004
    Quake 4
    Doom 3
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein (old but good IMO)
    Halo: Combat Evolved (old)
    James Bond 007: Nightfire
    Age of Empires 3
  3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

Command & Conquer: Generals + Zero Hour expansion
    Prince of Persia (Sands of Time onwards)
    No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way (old but hilariously funny and still surprisingly good in terms of gameplay and graphics)
    Thief: Deadly Shadows
    The Suffering
    The Suffering: Ties That Bind
    Indigo Prophecy
    Condemned: Criminal Origins
  4. Cpt_Subtext

Cpt_Subtext TS Rookie Posts: 257

Any of the Total War games from Medieval onwards but especially Rome: Total War for a strategy game...... seriously good..... nowt like storming a carthaginian City with thousands of men only to fail miserably when they send out a hundred or more war elephants etc and just ride your guys into the ground! :)
  5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

I haven't tried it yet but Civ 4 is supposed to be pretty good. I found AoE 3 to be too complex, but maybe thats just because I'm used to starcraft.
  6. Omnipherous

Omnipherous TS Rookie

Civ 4 is immense! But then, I may be biased having played the civ series since the very first one on my trusty Amiga500. It may not be as graphically intense as a lot of today's games, but the playability is huge and you'll never play the same game twice!

Any verdict on Battle for middle Earth 2? I played the first one and it was ok, allbeit LOTR etc.

I've recently started playing Company of Heroes, seems pretty decent so far, a nice WWII RTS, keeping things a bit more realistic.
  7. Rage_3K_Moiz

I didn't like Civ IV too much. It was overly complex and I got bored of it in the end. Maybe you will like it though. Age of Empires III is not bad as a comforter until Command & Conquer III: Tiberium Wars releases. That game will PWN the rest.
  8. Cpt_Subtext

Ive not enjoyed the C&C games since Red Alert.... they are just more of the same thing.... Tank Rush Tank Rush Tank Rush.... as far as im concerned no real strategy involved. Sucks!

Wait.... just seen the screen shots and it looks sweet as a nut! Might actually give that a shot myself when I get sorted.
  9. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 2,273

For Rage:

I already have the Command & Conquer: Generals + Zero Hour expansion ( that's why I have Zero Hour :D )

Also I played Indigo Prophecy and I thought it was very good because every move you make will change the future and the police will go with the evidence they find ( Knife, blood, see if you ran out of the diner without paying your check )

For Jesse:

I already have these FPS
    Unreal Tournament 2004
    Quake 4
    Doom 3

I just forgot to put them up ;)

Thanks for your suggestions, i'll go check out some of these games next time im in Gamestop :)
  10. Rage_3K_Moiz

The Suffering and Condemned are set in similar surroundings, but The Suffering is by far the most nastiest horror game I've ever played (in a good way). It's an awesome experience and I highly recommend it if u liked Resident Evil and the like.
  11. Sharkfood

Sharkfood TS Guru Posts: 1,019

Hey, if you're a big RTS buff, I'd imagine Total Annihilation is in your past to some degree...

Chris Taylor's sequel (finally!) is Supreme Commander and has an open public beta right now you can download and beat-up:

To say I'm excited about FINALLY having something that may stand-up against TA is an understatement, heh. :)
  12. Rage_3K_Moiz

Yeah Supreme Commander looks to be quite a blast. Homeworld 1 and Cataclysm were also THE most unique RTS games ever. Homeworld 2 sucked bad though.
  13. TimeParadoX

Hmm thanks Shark i'll go check out that game in abit on google

Rage I like games that are scary in some way, Where the lights are dark and you cant see without a flash light

I took out the light bulbs on the lights in my room so im in the dark so anything scary is a fun ride :)

Also the Resident Evil series is great, I beat 4 like 5000 times ;)

-edit- looked at the Supreme commander -edit-

That game looks really awesome and the graphics are amazingly good, I'll have to buy that... Is it out yet or is it still in the beta form?
  14. Cpt_Subtext

Is Supreme Commander a follow up to the old Total Anihilation games by Cave Dog? Some of the units and infact the Commander on the front cover look strangely familiar! ;)
  15. TimeParadoX

I dont know if it is or not but it still looks cool ( from screenshots / videos )
  16. Rage_3K_Moiz

It is a spiritual successor to TA of sorts.
  17. Cpt_Subtext

How so mate? TA was the 2nd PC game I ever played and the 2nd most addictive.... only beaten by the original Carmaggeddon id be eager to play the follow up of TA spiritual or actual :)
  18. Rage_3K_Moiz

Well for starters it as the same developer(s) behind it and it also shares the same resource system as well as other similar aspects such as units etc. But it is completely 3D and also has an extreme level of zoom where you can zoom in to see individual units in the heat of battle. It's supposed to be the most customizable RTS ever and is definitely a strong contender for the top slot, along with C&C3. But I think we're getting off topic here. On to the topic, have u tried Just Cause yet TimeParadox?
  19. Cpt_Subtext

Very nice..... I know which RTS I will be buying! Thanks for the info Rage... :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.