TechSpot

Games freeze

By odoylerules89
Sep 6, 2007
  1. So I have 1.8 GHz processor with a ATI Radeon 9600 256 MB video card and 1.2 GHZ of DDR memory. I know those aren't great specs but the thing is I have this problem even with older games like Command and Conquer Renegade. I'll be playing BF2, with it running fine, and all of the sudden it will freeze up for about 10 seconds, go to black, and then come back. Anyone know what the problem could be?

2. odoylerules89

odoylerules89 TS Rookie Topic Starter

This is incredibly frustrating. I didn't have this problem before with a video card that was way worse and no RAM.

3. sghiznaneck

sghiznaneck TS Maniac Posts: 544

Sounds like it could be a heat problem. What did you mean by "No RAM"?

4. odoylerules89

odoylerules89 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Before I had like 256 MB of RAM and now I have 1200 MB.

Actually though that was incorrect, now that I think of it this problem happened with Command and Conquer renegade before I upgraded my memory. So it's either the video card or something else.

My brother, who gave me the card said it sometimes had heat problems, so I guess it could be that. How should I fix that?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.