TechSpot

Games Freezing After *Extended* Gameplay

By That-One-Guy
Dec 15, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. **Specifications at the bottom of post**
    My computer is about one year old, and for as long as I can remember, it has always had a problem of freezing randomly while I play games (i.e. Day of Defeat:Source, Guild Wars, Age of Empires III, Civilization IV, and many more). The problem has been incredibly annoying at times, freezing after just a few minutes of gameplay. However, after recently switching Omega Drivers, the games have been freezing only after playing for a long time (1-2 hours :blush: ). Also, I think the 'rate' in which it freezes is based on how 'good' the graphics are of the game. And so, I come here in need. I was hoping anyone reading this could perhaps give me some advice in getting rid of this problem, once and for all.

Thanks in advance!
    -Leo

2. Cyrano

Cyrano TS Rookie

Hi Leo
    In your specs you have nothing posted about your power supply specs or your cooling. I would suspect either of these could be the culprit, as you say the system is a couple of years old.
    L8R

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.