Games Keep Crashing

By wilfy27
Jun 22, 2006
  1. I have an ATi powercolor x800gto 256mb graphics card . I have just bought a couple of games M.O.H pacific assault and hitman 2 everytime i put these on they seem to crash within the first couple of minutes there on ... whats wrong ,its drivin me nuts .. thank guys
  2. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

what is the hardware configuration of your system? what brand PSU and wattage? how many amps does it deliver on the +12V rail?
  3. wilfy27

wilfy27 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i'm sorry i'm a bit numb when it comes to all that jargon . but i do know the card has a separate power supply which is all plugged in correctly . It doesnt seem to crash on silent service 2 but them other 2 it does. My system is a windows xp pro sp2 2gb of ram 2.21ghz athalon processor
  4. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

Download SIW and run it. it will tell you what hardware is on your system.

the PSU info should be oin the label on the side of the PSU inside the case.
  5. wilfy27

wilfy27 TS Rookie Topic Starter

my power is 400w that should be enough the graphics card has a separate supply which is plugfged in correctly and works. i know this because i didn't plug it in first and the comp wouldn't even load up
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.