Games keep sending me back to desktop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmdl51

Hello! I don't even know what to say besides that, suddenly without any reason all games start sending me back to desktop, where should I start, can anyone of you please point me to the right direction? please check my sig for my specs, all the games are ok to play at least on medium settings without any lag, but suddenly I can't even run some older games because the system just flashes and back to desktop. The games I try to play while this is happening are BF2, Bf2142, TMNT, Tomb raider legend, NFS Carbon and some more, all this games I have played before so I know for sure they are compatible with my video card, but I have no idea why this start happening, I just upgrade drivers but no luck, I installed the 94.24 for my 7800GS, am I missing something? Thanks!

Reinstall Windows :stickout:
No seriously, are the temperatures ok? Are all fans working correctly? Did you install latest chipset drivers?

That's exactly my next move! I'm gonna reinstall windows if I can't find any solution but I hate to do that (a lot of software to reinstall). I hope my video card it's not fried.
All fans are ok, temp is 44c idle, I had the 91.47, then I download the 94.24 directly from eVGA and still the same problem. I don't know what else to try, I'll maybe try windows restore but I also hate that tool because it moves your files and folders to were you use to have it and I move files a lot!

Although Antec is a good power supply, even the best ones can fail. Can you check the voltages to see if they are up to specs?

I have the asus probe 2 utility and lately it's giving me and alert that sometimes the 12v rail is going from 11.97v to 13.78v. Do you think that could be the culprit of my problem. this happens rarely and even without running anything at all.

Well I just tried a different PSU and still same issue, so that wasn't the problem. I don't want to reinstall :( I guess I'll have no choice.

What if reinstalling doesn't fix the problem either?

I'd check for places like game directories, Windows directory and Event Viewer for error logs.

I'm afraid if reinstall doesn't fix the problem, the problem is gonna be hardware related and probably the issue is in the video card.
What exactly should I look for on the game directories or windows directory, event viewer has no error logs at the moment when the game send me back to desktop. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back