Status
Not open for further replies.

Soda

System Specs:

1.5 Ghz
9600 pro
512 RAM

Yea I know it sucks don't post just to say that

My problem is I fps. I get really low FPS in all my games i.e. Call of Duty, Warcraft3, Counter Strike Source, Dawn of War ect. I didn't have any problems with these games before I reformatted my comp but ever since I have gotten low fps in almost all battles. In source it drops to 20 in battles. In cod its fine until i shoot.
I have been to lans and tried my card out in other peoples comps and it was fine so I am thinking something happened to my comp while i was reformatting.

Anyone have any suggestions?

after you did the reinstall did you install the motherboard drivers?

no, the computer itself worked fine so i figured that they were already installed....

you need to install the motherboard drivers also look in device manager and see if there are any devices with yellow question marls or yellow triangles next to them. this indicates a device that doesnt have it's drivers installed or has a conflict of some kind.

Where can I find motherboard drivers? I installed network from the manufacter's website. Then I did the video drivers. Thats it.

and yes there is a yellow question mark its for a SM Bus controller.

your system cannot run at optimum performance without the drivers and .inf files being loaded for your motherboard.

The chipset support package at the Compaq site should contain the inf files needed. but they are rather old. I couldnt get the Nvidia site to load. but they should have a more updated package for NF2 chipets there.

I went to the support section and it took me to the compaq webpage and there arn't any drivers there for motherboards. and if i go to the drivers section it shows me a list of nforce 1 nforce 3 nforce AMD ect. and i don't know which one to pick.

try the Chipset support package files from the compaq site it is for your chipset. and it looks like they dont have any newer ones.

did installing the mobo drivers remove the question mark from the device in device manager?

in the catalyst control panel under the "smartgart" tab turn of fastwrite if it is on this has been known to cause problems on some systems.

Between the new chipset package and the fastwrite turn off i have fine fps in all my games except for CSS. I get 56 avg fps in the video test but when I get ingame I get about 20-15 in battles.

what FPS were you getting before? the 9600 pro isnt exactly a powerhouse.

same problems, low fps. like 30 out of battle 20 in. Now i get 25 out of battle and 15 in. When ever anyone fires I see the screen in screen shots due to the low fps. And my friend has a 9600 xt which is basicley the same card as mine and it runs source like a dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back