Games still slow after video card upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( :( hi im really quite stuck .. ihave just bought myself a 8800gts which i thought it would be ace to improve my fps in css im a big css source player and play on via all the time.

i know via is hard work at the best of times and all the rest.. but i have a 8800gts oc 320mb my cpu is a 3.4 HT and my mobo is a basic (waiting to upgrade) p5ld2 SE. irealise this is not great oh my psw is an antec 24v 500

but shoudl i really be getting 5-10fps?

on most games best of times i get 35.. benchmark i sometimes get 70-85 aver

but in css and other games i get anything from 10-30 and on css i get 10 fps most times

what could be wrong when i benchmark nvidias latest benchmark tool adriana i get 5-10fps

ive done clean install of vista .. is vista prob ive got 2GB of ram so this should not be it...... i dont know wat else .. a 8800gts should be fine and latest drivers...

why am i getting so much low fps in games .. it should not be this bad it does not seem to improve with everything tourned down either im sure sometihngs wrong

a bit more info

my gpu runs on steady 58-60c on normal mode and 68-75 sometimes 80 when it really hot ...ive also made sure there is no dust etc

my cpu runs at 55c generally i have alot of back ground activites so i think ithis is ok

my mobo is a p5ld2 se i have a vista home edition 32 bit build i really dont know wats rong.. i understnd that mobo needs upgrading but this still hould not produce these results. 20 fps in most and 30fps max

VISTA is probably the whole with the MB and processor u have vista is more demanding than XP and that GPU needs more processor as well. and u do not give the make and model of PSU and if the one u have is a cheappy it could even be the problem.

the batry cost me 35 quid ... so i need a new one of them too

kk
thanks alot .... il invest in new psu too now.
im just about to invest in coasair memory and a dual core 6700 intel..

will my bord keep up with a better psu memory and chip ai know its dual core my

mobo a gain P5LD2 SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back