TechSpot

GameStick finally shipped to Kickstarter backers, expected to hit retail next month

By Justin Kahn
Aug 29, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. PlayJam, the company behind portable Android game console GameStick, has finally begun shipping Kickstarter backer units and should start doing the same for retail orders by the end of September. In a recent blog post, the company explained an initial pilot...

Read more
  2. Ranger1st

Ranger1st TS Enthusiast Posts: 267   +77

If I was a backer I would say bravo to these people for taking steps to solve potential issues well ahead of time. Everyone has this, " I want it now " mentality. This is a business YOU invested in, allow them to stay in business by doing things the right way, rather then bowing to a selfish wee girls blouse that's demanding his/her toy and too bad if they die a slow death because they weren't able make the right decisions ahead of time. Reminds me of the pathetic wee lass's that whined and snivelled of MASS Effect 3's ending.
    Lurker101 likes this.
  3. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,664   +57

So it acts like a android phone and plugs into a tv? If you can use the free nes emulator that alone would be worth it. All snes nes sega games for 80$.
    tehbanz likes this.
  4. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Maniac Posts: 585   +79

For a while I thought it was a controller for the android, or iphone. that got me real excited. then came to find out it's just another handheld console, the last thing I want to see is another portable console.
    treetops likes this.
  5. treetops

Yeah I was hoping it was a controller I could plug into my phone.
  6. tehbanz

tehbanz TS Enthusiast Posts: 183   +10

the controller is wireless, I'm sure you can somehow get your phone to recognize it.
    treetops likes this.
  7. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Maniac Posts: 585   +79

recognize it is one thing. to get the thing to be fully compatible with the games you play on an iphone or android is another. **** I can get a lot of stuff recognized by my phone, but that don't mean anything.
  8. tehbanz

tehbanz TS Enthusiast Posts: 183   +10

I suppose, I've never had an android phone that was capable enough to game, so I've never experimented with controllers.
  9. treetops

I was hoping it was a controller I could plug into my phone and play my phones games with ease. Like a USB controller for pc. Can't believe no one has made that yet. I was hoping to come back here and see someone say oh they have one of those its a XX. From my experience droid and iphones play games just fine. Never really had an issue playing app store games.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.