TechSpot

Gaming Computer help

By seemab123
Nov 26, 2006
  1. Hy, as you might have heard before the computer i made my cousin really like it so he bought it off me.... I still lost a quite a bit of money so now i need a comp even cheaper.....impossible? I saw this computer at a website its refurbished but otherwise it really excellent.Here are the specs.

GATEWAY GT5082 DUAL CORE MEDIA CENTER DESKTOP COMPUTER

-AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core 3800+ (2GHz) processor
    -2GB DDR-RAM
    -250GB hard drive
    -DVD±RW drive
    -Windows XP Media Center 2005
    the graphics card is not really good integrated but this comp is only 599 cnd so i can buy a graphics card with it i am choosing the x1600 pro.
    Is this good and is there anything wrong with refurbished comps.

2. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

this computer is only $600?

That's... actualy pretty good ;)

But still, dell sucks if I was you I would rather build my own and add better stuff

Also, you didnt link a PSU ( Powersupply ) or anything else that is nessecary for a computer to run, What is the mobo / RAM ( If it's only DDR and not DDR2 I would build because DDR is kinda old and you'll have to upgrade alot )

Also is it PCI-E, pci, AGP?

If I was you I would look at the front page of Techspot and go to this link

http://www.techspot.com/article/25-affordable-am2-gaming-system/

It shows you how to build a awesome AM2 gaming system that could run any game ( Even Oblivion on high ) for only $600
    But on this AM2 gaming system I would upgrade the PSU and all that but still the price is only about $890 at final price and it's one of the best gaming PCs for that price

3. Jesse_hz

Jesse_hz TS Maniac Posts: 545

I would be very careful with used HDDs, if I were you.

4. TimeParadoX

It's a used Hard drive?

5. seemab123

seemab123 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 18

this is not dell this is like a warehouse place near my home. It has cheap comps n stuff i think i should go for it......I cant see anything wrong with it. Why should i be careful with used hard drive and paradox this is refurbished.....

6. TimeParadoX

Still, if you're willing to spend money on a computer that might be messed up... I would build, You can get alot of knowledge in computers and you can customize ( pimp out ;) ) a PC how you want :D

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.