Gaming computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

formetopoopon90

Hey guys, i'm building a new game computer and i would like your help:rolleyes: . I have had some tough decisions in the past but i have finally made my decision. I've looked over this for many hours and i believe i have found a nice low-cost game computer. The following specs are

Antec SmartPower 2.0 500watt ATXv12 Power supply.....70$

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro Cooling Fan with Heatsink......30$

CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR 400 (PC 3200) memory......80$

Amd Athlon 64 3500 Venice 939 processor...........95$

Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard WITH a HIS Hightech H180GTOQT256DVN Radeon X1800GTO 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 CrossFire Ready IceQ3 Turbo Video Card..........................265$ *special combo*

So what do you think? all of this will be around 570$ for shipping and everything. Give me your opinions....thanks!!!:thumb:

You didn't mention a case, hard drive, optical drives or floppy. I suppose you will reuse old ones?

I wonder why they offer such an odd combo deal? While they will work okay, they are mismatched in a sense. I guess you don't intend to go with SLI or Crossfire in the near term.

sorry, forgot about the hard drive. i'm using a 80 gig Seagate 7200 RPM. and as for a CD-ROM, i can't really remember what brand it is, but it has a burning speed of 52X. My case is a ASPIRE X-Dreamer II. Many people have been buying these combos and leaving reviews about how great of a deal they got off of it. i would like to take an advantage of this offer, where it seems like a great deal. its off of newegg.com and they are a pretty well trusted company. would you suggest me getting the gigabyte motherboard, and then purchasing the nvidia 7600GT?, where i wouldn't be getting a combo deal, or go with the gigabyte/ATI combo deal? Thanks

so its either save 50bucks, and get the gigabyte motherboard and the x1800gto graphics card. or get the gigabyte and the nvidia 7600gt for the same price....?? can anyone help? thanks

Go ahead with the original combo deal. I wasn't criticizing your choice, just making a comment.

Regarding your optical drive, I would add a DVD-ROM or DVD RW drive. They aren't all that expensive (well, some of them can be) and it will increase the versatility of your PC and if some games become available in DVD only, you'll be ready for it. If you only have room for one optical drive, then I would consider just replacing it with a DVD type drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back