Gaming monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
most monitors will handle just about anything.... I really wouldn't worry about it. I would read some reviews if you're concerned enough.

Just keep in mind that to avoid ghosting while playing fast-paced games like FEAR etc. you'd need a response time of at least 5ms.

Samsung, Acer are both good companies. Echoing Rage_3K_Moiz 5ms or lower is good. I play on a 20 wide Acer with a 5ms response and it's just fine. I've owned the Acer 20W for 5 months or so and I like it, no trouble....

So this monitor with 5 ms and 2000:1 isn't maybe the best but it will be able to handle most of the challenges you give it ?

I play mainly FPS and RTS games. No trouble with it at all. :)

I believe the contrast ratio is 800:1

I have a 21 inch Viewsonic, myself, no complaints here. Generally you get what you pay for with lcd monitors, as most things...I have found.

One key issue that seems to be missed here is the max resolution that the monitor is capable of being set at. Some monitors will only allow max res of 1280X1024, some widescreens run in 1440x900. For higher resolutions, you'll need a high def monitor, but the costs are still up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back