Gaming on 64 bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SageOfTheWabash

Hi all, I haven't been here for some time.
I am going to upgrade to a gaming laptop/desktop replacement. Dual Core 2ghz plus, 4gigs ram, Nvidia 9650, 64 bit vista home premium. Do I need to be concerned that my game library will play on this machine?

Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout3, and others on disk. Plus Halflife series, witcher, Dues ex, Company Of Heros, and others on Steam.

Hi there, the only one I can confirm is that Oblivion works on my Vista x64, 2.3GHz Athlon X2, 4GB RAM and nVidia 9600GT.

Vista x64 runs anything you throw at it. I run old and new games on it, and they run perfectly fine. Some have issues, but if you mess around with the compatibility options they work smoothly enough. I've played all of those games you mentioned on this machine and they run perfectly fine.

Although everyone has crashing problems with Fallout 3 and vista, well not everyone but an awful lot of people, including me.

Only thing left is... You sure about buying that graphic card? I think you could do better for the same price.

I have no crashing issues with Fallout 3 on Vista 64. It hasn't crashed even once.

poteljito said:
Only thing left is... You sure about buying that graphic card? I think you could do better for the same price.
It's a laptop video card. He can hardly upgrade it methinks, and I don't think there's a better option available unless the OP can afford spending a lot of money. FYI, it's about equal to a 9500GT, not too bad for a laptop video card. Any higher, and you'd be prone to premature sterilization IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back