Gaming pc ~1200 €

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be buying a new gaming rig in about two weeks, in preparation for this holy day i making topics on the most active hardware forums. Ill use my pc mainly for gaming and maybe for some 3d modelling later so 3d performance is the main goal. Budget is roughly ~1200 €

Here's what i came up so far :

CPU : q6600/q6700 - depends on cash
GPU : 8800gts - no comments needed
RAM : 2x2gb mushkin redline 8500 - thughts ?
MOBO : DFI LT X38 T2R -still not sure about this one, its awesome for oveclocking, and i want to get the msot out of this setup, but on the other hand it ahs so many low level options it can be a little overwhelming. Suggestions ? My first choice here was Evga 750i SLI FTW but i couldnt find it in any shops here ( in Poland).
PSU : Corsair CMPSU-620HXEU 620W - or 520W depends on cash
CPU cooler : arctic freezer 7 pro - or noctua NH-U12P also depends on cash :)
CASE : coolermaster cosmos s - now this is the only part im 100% sure. I fell in love with the looks and read every review out there. I WANT IT

So whats the weakest link ? :D

No need for the Q6700, the E8400 will outperform it and save you some cash too, as well as running cooler and drawing less power. It'll also OC much better.

The mobo is okay, DFI's mobos rank among the best for OCing. The 750i is not that great in that respect.

The RAM is good but do check if it's compatible with the motherboard. Almost all the major mobo manufacturers have a QVL for RAM.

Lastly, either of those PSUs would be sufficient, although I'd prefer getting the 550VX if you can find it.

I don't know if you can order from Germany or Austria, but I have a friend there and I know that prices are very cheap... Here is the link www.geizhals.at...
I live in Bosnia, and I bought my rig for some 1000€ at my local retailers:
Asus P5K, E8400, 8800GT, 2GB Kingston ddr800, Seagate 500GB, Fortron Saga+ PSU and Asus 19" LCD widescreen...
And since you live in European Union, it should be a lot cheaper there, and therefore I hope you are going for the 512MB GTS...
Good luck

yeah i changed the quad core for e8400 since i wont be doing any 3d for atleast 6 months and by then ill buy one of the new 45nm quads.

Alot of people seem to recommend the gigabyte p35 DS3R and from the reviews i've found it seems like a really good and solid mobo, will it work with my ram ? 2x2gb Mushkin xp2-8500 1066mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back