Gaming PC for 1080 resoluiton

Can someone help me build a gaming pc which can run all new games on highest settings using only 1080 resolution (I really dont need 1440/4K). Im not a tech expert sorry, need your advice, thanks.

Can you be more specific about the capabilities of your screen or the one you're considering? A 2560x1080 144hz screen is around three times as demanding as a 1920x1080 60hz screen.

If you already own the screen then does it support variable refresh rate and if so which version? That'll have an impact on choice of graphics card.

Generally you're looking at an RX 480 for a more modest screen and good looking games, up to whatever you can afford for the higher refresh rate screens and all the bragging rights options turned on (the ones that have a big performance hit and small image quality difference).

Even a Titan X isn't going to manage a solid 144fps on a 2560x1080@144hz screen in many games.

The rest of the computer is fairly standard varying only a little based on your budget. i5 or i7, 8-16GB RAM (at DDR4-2666/DDR4-3000 if you can otherwise justify the cost of the high end motherboard needed for it), decent sized SSD, whatever case, keyboard and mouse you like the look of. Windows 10.

Do you prefer AMD or Intel? And what would your budget be?
A 2560x1080 144hz screen is around three times as demanding as a 1920x1080 60hz screen
I'll agree with everything you stated except the 3 times more demanding part. The frequency of the monitor does not demand anything from the game. A 144hz monitor will open the door for displaying above 60hz. Where as the game can still render 144hz on a 60hz monitor, you just won't see the additional gain on screen. The only demand would be in the resolution and game render settings.

Can you be more specific about the capabilities of your screen or the one you're considering? A 2560x1080 144hz screen is around three times as demanding as a 1920x1080 60hz screen.

If you already own the screen then does it support variable refresh rate and if so which version? That'll have an impact on choice of graphics card.

Generally you're looking at an RX 480 for a more modest screen and good looking games, up to whatever you can afford for the higher refresh rate screens and all the bragging rights options turned on (the ones that have a big performance hit and small image quality difference).

Even a Titan X isn't going to manage a solid 144fps on a 2560x1080@144hz screen in many games.

The rest of the computer is fairly standard varying only a little based on your budget. i5 or i7, 8-16GB RAM (at DDR4-2666/DDR4-3000 if you can otherwise justify the cost of the high end motherboard needed for it), decent sized SSD, whatever case, keyboard and mouse you like the look of. Windows 10.
hello sir may apologies, a monitor for 1920x1080 only, which can run almost every game today at highest settings (witcher 3 & total warhammer) at 60fps and to sir cliffordcooley I prefer Intel. Thanks

The "Entry-Level Rig" in Techspot's buying guild would be a good place to start. If you prefer nVidia over AMD we can recommend a comparable card. And if you prefer to have 4 cores instead of the 2 core i3, you can switch it with an i5.

https://www.techspot.com/review/1006-the-witcher-3-benchmarks/
https://www.techspot.com/review/1075-best-graphics-cards-2015/page5.html

I selected "The Entry-Level Rig" because the Radeon R9 380 should have plenty of graphical power for 1080. Though you might need to dial back the settings a bit, if 60hz is absolutely mandatory. If dialing the options back is not an option, you may want a tad bit more power than the Radeon R9 380.

Do you prefer AMD or Intel? And what would your budget be?
I'll agree with everything you stated except the 3 times more demanding part. The frequency of the monitor does not demand anything from the game. A 144hz monitor will open the door for displaying above 60hz. Where as the game can still render 144hz on a 60hz monitor, you just won't see the additional gain on screen. The only demand would be in the resolution and game render settings.

He's stated that he wants games to run at the highest settings, so if he was considering a high refresh rate monitor then it would be implied he wants the smoother motion that high frame rates produce.

A 380 is too slow for your specified criteria, although it'll certainly play everything smoothly and enjoyably. You're looking at a 480 as a minimum if you're willing to run without silly settings, an R9 Fury/1070 if you want to average 60fps with them and probably a 1080 or Titan X if you want to ensure a minimum of 60fps in the more demanding sections:
http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/nvidia-geforce-titan-x-pascal-review,21.html

You need to stop assuming and ask otherwise you will be building a machine that you want. I'll admit I know nothing of AMD all my opinions come from the review. I posted links so the OP could see for them self.

And once again I disagree with your opinion. This time with the statement of those being silly settings. You have twice mentioning the Titan X. I'm an nVidia fan but mentioning that card for 1080 game play is silly, unless you are simply trying to sell the most expensive card. Anyone that has a budget for Titan X is more than likely playing at a higher resolution. But then I don't know, you don't know, I asked but didn't get a response to what budget we are dealing with.

Ohh and by the way, refresh rate doesn't have anything to do with game settings. That is unless you are toggling a frame rate cap. I might run on highest settings and enjoy 30FPS. And If I was willing to settle on 1080, that might just be the case. In case you missed it, the OP also stated 60hz following their highest settings remark which you quoted. That doesn't look like 144 to me.

Please stop making false claims/assumptions and help the OP, if you are going to be here. It's obvious we might disagree, but the question is whether you disagree with the OP. You have to ask questions and base your response based on their opinion not yours. So far all I see is a response based on your opinion.

-- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - --
To the OP I must admit I wasn't going to participate this time. I think it has to do with lack of criteria and I wasn't wanting to start at the beginning with questions. I however can't stand someone talking nonsense to an unsuspecting person in need. I linked a few articles hoping they would help in my negligence to help. However if you truly want help, you will have to start talking. Many of the resident members will not respond unless they know exactly how to. After reading through the articles I linked, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Back