Gaming problem, possibly mobo related?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, im a n00b to these boards but hopefully somebody can help me out. ive been having some problems with gaming on my computer since last tuesday when i installed an x-fi soundcard, my third 512mb module of corsair value ram and a logitech g15 gaming keyboard.

my first problem arose in battlefield 2 from a problem with the soundcard locking up my computer whilst playing. i updated the graphics card drivers, made sure bf2 was updated and i updated all the nforce4 drivers.

it got to a point where i just took the soundcard out, still had problems and begun reformatting the computer. i am currently working on the computer in its reformatted state with the latest nForce4_amd_6.70_winxp2k_english drivers installed on my Gigabyte K8NMF-9 - K8 motherboard, the 81.98_forceware_winxp2k_international_whql drivers installed for my XFX 128mb GeForce 6600GT graphics card.

my problem is that i cannot load games, the two games i have tried are X3: the reunion and battlefield 2 (not special forces). i am beginning to think there could be an nforce4 driver problem or other software incompatibility.

i will be trying counterstrike: source and bf2: special forces tonight, aswell as running memtest and testing the three modules for errors but any input would be very welcome.

Have you tried taking out the new RAM, test. Take out the new kb, test. Already tried w/o soundcard and no luck. Possibly, though doubtfully, issue with PSU.
I would be likely to point the the RAM as culprit, but I recommend installing the new parts 1 at a time and seeing if any on of them contribute to the new issues, assuming you hadn't had ANY issues prior to the upgrades.

took both kb and ram out for now, found out it still had issues gaming, so i installed some beta forceware drivers and theyre the most stable drivers ive found, so thats that fixed. ill be testing the kb and ram next few days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back