Gateway 400sd4 - Dc Jack burned motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have already ordered a replacement dc jack for my brothers gateway, but once i desoldered the existing jack, i found that one of the prong holes is very charred to the extent that i can't really see any metal connection for the new jack to make. I thought i had read somewhere a while ago about patching the motherboard in this instance(because on occasion the flexing back and forth of the power chord can cause the prong to burn the mobo when not charging properly), but now that i need to know, everytime i look online all i find is software patches and what not. Anywhoo, if anyone knows weather this does/doesn't need to be patched and if it does, how exactly do i patch it i would really appreciate their response..

This is a common problem but needs luck and some serious skills to fix. If there is no conductor material left then you have to repair the PSB to the next nodule.
If you are in the UK I can give you a name (google earth shows south cack as being in leicester, UK?) where there is a chance they can fix it for you.

unfortunately, South Cack is just a short for South Carolina, USA. this sounds like something i can't do on my own, so i'll try to find someone near here that can repair the PSB to the next module. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back