Gateway MX5956 Internal charger problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently came across a problem with my laptop. When i plug the charger in, it doesnt begin to charge. Should this have anything to do with cords inside of the laptop itself? I have purchased a new charger and that didnt solve anything. Help!

Hi
You've pretty much answered your own question, its time for a new battery or motherboard, either way its time to seek an expert.

Regards

Long answer:
Rub all the contactd points with a pencil eraser to polish them, then clean them with a bit of 90% alcohol.
Usually, the problem is with the battery or in the power adapter, or the contact points between the battery and the computer. However, you can have a bad socket, so see if you detect any looseness of movement in the socket into which you plug the power adapter.
17% of laptop batteries go back while still under warranty, while others just get hung up. It is often helpful to intentionally discharge the battery, then try again to recharge it.
The battery has a chip buit into it. This chip tracks the charges and discharges. It is a safety feature. When it reaches the maximum number of charges, it will no longer work, even if still less than a year old. If you have allowed the battery to discharge down to 4% frequently, it is dead.
Short Answer: Replace the battery. If that doesn't work, replace the power adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back