Gateway NE71B Series

Go here - http://us.gateway.com/gw/en/US/content/drivers-downloads
Then put "NE71B" in the product model box. You may also need to change the OS version to 64-bit, before a listing will show.
The camera software is listed under the application tab.
I didn't see a driver listing for the camera, so Windows may have generic drivers installed.
If reinstalling software doesn't work, I'm not sure what else to say.

Good luck with your repairs.

Then put "NE71B" in the product model box. You may also need to change the OS version to 64-bit, before a listing will show.
I didn't see a driver listing for the camera, so Windows may have generic drivers installed.

Thank You will try now

I have been there am But theI to look under drivers again and if so do I pick amd

The AMD listing is for your graphics not the camera. But if you need the graphics driver as well, then yes download and install the AMD driver.

First of all what happen prior to this issue? Has anything changed since you got this issue? Did you webcam ever work on your laptop?

I myself own two Gateway laptops (NV and NE series) both web cam works. For your model you need to know which device hardware they're using on your Gateway laptop? If you don't then the web cam will not function correctly. So when you go Gateway for your model you might see two different web cam listed.

Under Windows System Device Manager or you can bring this up under the Control Panel by typing the word "System", then view advance system settings, then click on hardware tab. Then device manager button.

-Imaging devices
.......HD WebCam
, right click on properties then driver it should tell which driver is installed. In my case it's using Microsoft HD Webcam driver.

Now depending on what you have for CPU in my case above it's a i3 and I do have AMD 300P that has uses a different hardware driver and there are two drivers for that model I have NV series. Installing the wrong web cam driver would lead to the web cam not functioning. But when do install the correct one it will function correctly and load up always when you boot-up your system. Of course you can always disable the webcam in startup manager.

So make sure it's set to start, look in services.msc or under the control panel type in services, then select view services.

scroll down to: Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) should be started / manual
This is used for your webcam and scanner.

Now under Control Panel - Hardware and Sound (Devices and Printers) there should be a graphical icon for your Webcam.

Also make sure you don't use Microsoft driver most of those are out dated, again it all depends on what you have installed and what ACER/Gateway have listed on their driver support for your model.

Video drivers that another issue. You cold use what ACER/GATEWAY has but I load Mobile HD Vision AMD driver for NV.

Back