TechSpot

Gateway NE71B

By Barry Bradley
Aug 26, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. I have a Gateway NE71B Series laptop computer AMD Dual Core Processor E1-200. I want to replace the original CPU with a upgrade CPU. I was told the CPU has a virus. What CPU should I upgrade to for better performance?

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,311   +617

Hmm; Systems get virus', CPUs do not and thus replacement is not necessary for this kind of reason.

3. Barry Bradley

Barry Bradley TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thks jobeard for your response to a computer laptop rookie. U just saved me some money. My courser jumps backwards while typing passwords, entering data in a personal file, loosing entire paragraphs in an e-mail message a lot and is annoying. I have bit defender2015 protection from viruses and have none to date. I was using a mouse but had the same problems with using it. Now I just use the finger pad and up/down arrows to move courser to where I need it. My question is it a virus or just a simple fix like changing a setting? :confused:

4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,311   +617

Figure out WHEN you last installed anything (date + time) and do this.

Right-click on Computer->Properties.
    Click on System Protection -> Protection Tab
    click System Restore -> Next

now look thru the Date-Times shown
    Pick a date-time not too far in the past but definitely prior to your last Install

if you select one and then click next, the system will roll -back to that date.
    You can also Scan for affected programs or Cancel