Gateway p-7811fx Win 7 Pro BSOD constantly

Seipher

I am constantly getting a BSOD. This model laptop comes with 2 sticks of memory. I tried pulling 1, no change, tried swapping to the other, no change. I have tried a new hard drive, no change. I have updated all the drivers on the PC, no change. I have updated the BIOS to the latest version, no change.

I installed bluescreenview to see what the issue is saying.

99% of the time it has the following item as the cause of death.
ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+eacd2 fffff800`02e60000 fffff800`03449000 0x005e9000 0x4e02aaa3 6/22/2011 9:53:23 PM Microsoft® Windows® Operating System NT Kernel & System 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506) Microsoft Corporation C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

I have uploaded the saved Bluescreenview file.

I can not remember if this issue happened before changing over to Win 7 from vista 64bit.

I have recently started thinking a low battery might be the issue. I pulled the battery and ran off the power cable only and still it bsod. I would welcome any help.

System Model & Info:
Gateway p-7811 FX
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26Ghz
4GB Memory
Win 7 Pro 64bit
Nvidia GeForce 9800M GTS

Attachments

• bsod_dump.txt
    74.8 KB · Views: 4
We need to read the dumps. Please do the following...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

The dumps are each about 1.1 to 1.3mb... The board says it has a max upload of 200kb/s for this file type. I tried zipping with winrar but the board doesn't allow .rar. Please advise.

Even with ALzip it was 600+kbs to compress 5... To save us all time I just zipped all 5. I know it isn't what you wanted but the suggestions arn't working with these file sizes. This way we can at least move forward.

Attachments

• 081511-18361-01.zip
    117.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 081611-27190-01.zip
    126.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 081611-20373-01.zip
    97.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 081611-18766-01.zip
    135.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 081611-19952-01.zip
    129 KB · Views: 1
All five dumps report the error 0x0000009F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
A driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. Typically occurs during events that involve power state transitions, such as shutting down, or moving into or out of standby or hibernate mode.

All five cite the driver o2sdx64.sys as the cause of your system crashes. This is a driver for the O2Micro SD Reader.

Thanks Route... I took the SD card I had in there out and it hasn't blue screened since... What software do you use to read the dump files. Maybe next time I won't have to bother you all?

Your not bothering us at all. That is what we are here for. :)

Microsoft created what is known as a Debugging Tool to read minidump files. It is free. However, not only do you need this tool but also the Symbol Packages for each and every operating system that you want to work with. Downloading these packages takes a long time.

Well I do appreciate it. I verified I had the latest O2 Micro drivers and I do :(

I went ahead and uninstalled them and re-installed them anyway just in case. I really don't think it is the SD Card cause it works fine in my other laptop. It may have more to do with how they wrote the driver to handle the power for the SD cards while in the machine during a switch to hibernate or sleep mode. I wrote an email to Gateway explaining everything I have learned here hoping they will have a response on the driver having any known issues.

If Gateway gives me any notably worthy info I will make sure to relay it here.

PS. As far as taking a long time to download each of the symbols, I'm sure that would have been shorter than 3 months of dealing with this BSOD issue!...

It could be the system drivers that Gateway had loaded interfering with said drivers of the card.

And, yes, 3 months of BSODs compared to the time it takes to download the Symbol Packages would have been worth it. :D

Driver State Power Failure ~~HELP! :(

Been having a similar problem for about the past month. Constant random BSODs. Not sure what the exact cause is, but I'm getting really tired of it.

Currently installing the debugging tools to read the dump files, but every time they try to install, the installer freezes up, so no dice.

It would be awesome if you could run my dump file through your debugger.

Attachments

• 111311-89731-01.zip
    147.7 KB · Views: 3
Your error code was 0x9F and it cited the Windows driver usbhub.sys. Are you running your system with USB hardware attached? You symptoms however make me suspicious that your issue is with corrupted memory.

Back