Gba Or Somthing Else???

Status
Not open for further replies.
ANY IDEAS???, I WORK AWAY FROM HOME ALOT AN AM WANTING SOME ENTERTAINMENT ON MY LONG TRAIN JOURNEYS, WAS THINKIN ABOUT BUYING A GBA PURELY COZ SONIC 2, BUT A FRIEND FROM WORK TOLD ME ABOUT THIS NEW NOKIA PHONE WITH A BUILT IN GAMING CONSOLE, SOUNDS STRANGE BUT WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS HEARD OF IT, NOT SURE IF ITS OUT YET, OR WHAT ITS CALLED

CHEERS

No offence, but first off please dont type with all caps. It's just kind of annoying :D

Not sure what your talking about, sorry :)

Hes talking about the Gameboy Advance(GBA). Nokia's New handheld is called the N-Gage. There is a bunch of info about it here N-Gage Sounds pretty cool but I'm sure it will be hella expensive.:dead:

For entertainment on a train ride,etc, I'd defently get a GBA. Nice and small, ie: portable. Scratch the phone...can you imagine the LCD? :dead: :dead: :dead: If your really into the good stuff, get a PS1, with a LCD and battary pack...that'd be hardcore. LoL, just imagine pulling a Playstation and screen out of your bag, then playing some Gran Toursimo on your ride there :grinthumb

From ExtremeTech
According to this collaboration, Sega will develop games for the Nokia N-Gage mobile game deck, that will run on the Nokia Series 60 platform and the Symbian OS. The branded outbox games will be available separately on memory cards.

0,3363,sz=1&i=17453,00.jpg

Personally I'd look at the GBA SP instead
compare_gba_sp.jpg

nice one supra!!! n-gage looks pretty sweet, def got that sega game gear feel to it, an by the sounds of that article gonna have some wicked games 2!! have now seen a possible new toy aswell, the p800 by sony-ericcson, that looks v nice, bit of a pda tho, reckon i might hold out for n-gage, was lookin for new phone too, any ideas of the market price

If your thinking about getting a phone-console, don't. They won't catch on (at least I don't think they will) and will end up losing game support; nice waste of money. If you have *a lot* of money, get a GameCube, LCD, and battery pack. That'd be hella cool. Or if that's too expensive, do the same with a PS1. Or if that too expensive still, get a GBA SP.

GP32

Check out the GP32 - wicked handheld console - open platform so games not too difficult to come by although some of them are crap! The device has a bit of a select following over here - probably due to the restricted numbers that actually make it over! What is has got that GBA SP dont is wireless so if you travel with friends then if they get one you can play multiplayer games!

Check out http://www.retro-games.co.uk/gp32/gp32.htm for more info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back