G'day Bruce!

By muppet
Oct 12, 2006
  1. Hello World!

Name's Mark (aka Muppet), and I came across this forum while searching for a way to get rid of whatever keeps dropping virus infected files onto my system. Google seems to have a very strong index on this forum, so it must be a good place to start. :)

Hope I can repay some of the helpful replies that I hope to receive!

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello muppet and welcome to Techspot.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum. Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as an attachments into your new thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. muppet

muppet TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hello Howard, thanks for the very quick response!

I followed those instructions (Topic 58138) to the letter yesterday, with the exception of SS&D as their server was down. However I have managed to get hold of SS&D today and am running it now. It's finding a surprising amount of stuff that the other tools overlooked.

I won't delve into too much detail here, but if SS&D doesn't fix me 100% I'll create a new post in the relevant forum as requested.

Keep up the good work!

PS: Thread started as promised here.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.