Ge Force 6600 freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
6600, got it a few weeks ago, keep getting freezes. Ill be playing WoW, or Warcraft 3 and it will potentially Freezes on me. I can 8 - 10 hours sometimes and experience no problems at all with the applications. Then, Ill get the freezes, basically i still got the display of what i did last but i cant move my mouse or press the window key nothing works. At first i thought it was the power supply, i went out and bought a 500 watt psu 12v, im not sure what the rails are. So i replace that and it didnt fix the problem, so i tested my ram i even took ram from my brothers cpu and put in mine the freezing still occured.

Trouble shooted 1 more, removed my CD rom drive then ran the cpu and tried it, still crashed on me. Totally not sure if its the mobo or video card.
This problem also transferred from my old computer to this one.

changes i made.
Asus k8sv mobo -> asrock dual channel sata 2
3000 amd processor 754 socket -> 3500+ amd processor
Radeon all in wonder -> 6600 GeForce
350watt -> 500 watt the psu is called Best power supply.

still the same
DDR 1 Ram x 3 512's
two seagates 200 gig hard drives
LG DVD burning and rom.

I have reformmated the HD's and even swapped it around and grabbed 1 of my spares from my old comp and the problem still occurs.

any idea's? where i should begin looking next? halp!

nope lol actually had a ati before, and it did the exact samething i just replaced those 4 parts and keeps re occuring dunno why, i hate dealing with this computer card really gets me going lol. owells yeh i thought it was a over heating issue i called evga and yeh they said it isnt over heating and i agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back