GE Force 6800 Xt probs

By nijinsky
May 24, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So i have been building systems for about 2 years now and ive never had this problem before. Afterinstalling everything i started playing a few games and all of a sudden my game crashes and i get a video driver missing. Also these lovely areas of pixilation are now on my screen in neon blue, green, and pink. I turned the machine off opened it up and thought i found the prob. The 6800 wasnt screwed on so it was hanging on by the pci express slot. So i pulled it out put it back, screwed it on, and did a complete reinstall of the system. Im still having probs. The problem is only there when using the 6800+ as my graphics card when i disable it i have no probs. The bios are up to date as well as the graphics drivers any ideas?? could the card not be compatible with the board cause it worked for a while or did the dangling by the pci slot damage it in less then a day??

win 2000
    geforce 6800 xt
    asrock 939 Dual-Sata M1695 (motherboard)
    1 gig ram
    amd 3500+
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.