Gearhead - new member introduction

By gearhead
Feb 1, 2010
  1. Hello all,
    I have been reading so much good information on this forum and used much of it on not only my machine but friends machines as well. It is nice to have a place to research lessons learned as well as new information.

I was introduced to computers by my father who purchased a TSR80 for the school system he worked for. I remember all the toys from cassette tape file storage and 200 baud modems to the first Amiga computers that my buddies had.

I have build a number of machines from around '90. I have always enjoyed the challenge that this technology offers.

With all of that, I never got into daily os support or virus removal. As the OS became more powerful and required less knowledge to install, operate and customize, I allowed myself to be dumbed down by the neat shiny applications that were available. I probably fit in with the 90th percentile on that.

Now I am having issues and before making my first post in the virus area, the system suggested an introduction first (how true). So remembering my manors, this is me.

Thanks again for the support of such a great reference system.

2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,681   +86

Welcome, you are not the only one in that respect, but don't worry you'll dust off all that laziness pretty soon and be alright :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.