GeckoEye is the solar-powered security cam that can be placed anywhere

By Shawn Knight
Aug 8, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Surveillance cameras are often times an unfortunate necessity in today's society. The problem with most cameras, however, is that they need a constant power source. This requirement alone often dictates where you can and can't install a camera and is...

Read more
  2. hopgop1

hopgop1 TS Booster Posts: 162   +28

Anywhere? Can I put it in my toilet bowl? =D
    SantistaUSA likes this.
  3. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,322   +263

As long as you have a valid light source to charge the camera, and it can properly stick against the bowl during a flush, there should not be a--- WAIT why am I even answering this seriously?!? =p

edit: I don't think it would work anyways since the photovoltaic cells would be covered pretty much no matter how you'd mount it...
    SantistaUSA likes this.
  4. I love that you can put these on the Dashboards of your cars, so, then you have a wifi enabled device, that goes back to the base station, your home hub, or for business vehicles, head office, where there will eventually be a huge vulnerability in the entire network somehow due to this and the wifi enabled vehicle and thieves will access all staff credentials bank accounts, payroll, swipe millions in cash.

But it does look good, on the window, charging, watching the inside of your home, when Mr Burglar goes around the house looking for a way in and smashes said window knocking the camera to film 4 hrs 28 minutes of footage of your floor or ceiling, but you did get to see a close up of his size 9 black boots which had a dog turd on the bottom and now you know why your house is a mess....
  5. Nima304

Nima304 TS Guru Posts: 365   +81

I was just thinking about wanting to buy a solar-powered dashboard camera for my car. Huh.
  6. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,464   +1,760

Wait for a fully waterproof iPhone! That would be a match made in heaven. Although, God forbid you tried to Email the images via Gmail.
    hopgop1 and H3llion like this.
  7. James Bond's gadget is now available to commoners :D