Gecube launches "fastest" AGP graphics card;a DX10 AGP board also coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rage_3K_Moiz

GeCube demonstrated a new X1950XT AGP card at CeBIT 2007. They also said that they will be releasing DirectX 10 graphic cards based on the RV610 and RV630. Check it all out here.

that's funny, i always though agp was an old technology like steam driven engines. why are they still pushing this forward. in the next 10 years pci 16 wont even exist, this thread not even worth discussing.

AGP may be old in the US and the like, but elsewhere it's pretty much still the standard. PCI-Express is not that heavily advertised in China and the Middle East, where a large market for these products exists. So AGP is still quite strong there. Even the article mentions this, so I do think it's worth discussing.

Besides the dual graphics (SLI and crossfire), there was no need to get rid of AGP. 8800GTXs don't even use AGP8X's full bandwidth.

The assassination of AGP was one of the stupidest things that happened in the computer world in 2004.

MetalX said:
The assassination of AGP was one of the stupidest things that happened in the computer world in 2004.

I agree. PCIe X16 offers little performance gain. It really was pointless. Well not really motherboard and video card manufactures got plenty of our money. Not that thats a good thing.

MetalX said:
Besides the dual graphics (SLI and crossfire), there was no need to get rid of AGP. 8800GTXs don't even use AGP8X's full bandwidth.

First off I am not so sure I would call it an assination. I mean the whole point of this topic is announcing the manufacture of AGP DX10 cards etc.

Secondly, you are familiar with the computer industry right? Things are always changing, improving and being updated. Things go old, sometimes before they need to (Northwood to Prescott is a prime example)

Lastly, why such a beef with PCIe? It is still slowly being implemented, so it is no like you have to run out and get and new motherboard and video card this second, so what if you have to change things up in a few years. If that offends you then the PC industry is not for you. And the PCIe interface is not a bad one, it is failrly cheap for mobo manufactuers, so that is good news for the consumer.

Ditto AtK_SpAdE. I just wanted to inform everyone who have an AGP slot/card that they don't need to update as soon as they think/are told they should.

That's difficult methinks, especially due to the cost involved in upgrading since a new mobo with a PCI-E slot and card usually needs a new processor and RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back