Geforce 2 Ti Lockup Problems..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting a computer together for a friend. Specs are AMD Duron 1Ghz, 128 megs PC133 RAM, Geforce 2 TI 64meg, Win XP HOme.

Tried an installation of Win 98 SE, then an install of Win XP.
Every time I try to run anything graphical the machine locks up.
Even tried 3DMark 2001 and no good there either. Any suggestions??

what drivers are u running for the vid card? What type of motherboard are you installing on? Also, do you have the latest Via 4-in-1 drivers installed?

Motherboard is a SiS735. The drivers I'm using are Nvidia's Detonator 23.11. I've tried the new beta 27.70 but it doesn't even install a driver for it. what are the via 4-in-1 drivers?? *feeling dumb now* :(

Yeah, your not going to need to install the Via drivers becuse you have a SiS based board. Check the bios and make sure you are running AGP 2X, Fastwrites is off (if this is even an option) and that your AGP aperature is set to 64mb. I dont think this is causing your issue but more ram is definately needed.

Ok.. I have SiSoftware Sandra up checking my settings....
for AGP it says...
version 2.0, transfer rate 4x, side band enabled no,side band support yes, fast writes enabled no, aperture size 8mb

I guess I'll go into my Biosand change that to 64 mb.
I also checked to see if anything was using the sam IRQ, and one of the USB ports was. But changing that did no good... :mad:

I got it figured out!!
Thanks for the help guys... it turned out that I had to disable the DOS support for USB in the BIOS. heh :D

wow..I never heard of that being an issue before..Is that something you just tried on your own?

Yeah, I was getting frustrated and I changed only that setting and now it works. Beats me.. but I'll take it.. heh.
I could never get the SIS website to open for me either.. grrr

The day I get a conflict with the mouse or the keyboard or something of the sort, I'm migrating to mac :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back