TechSpot

GeForce 3 ti 200 prolems w/ Fullscreen TV

By TenorSax4all
Mar 12, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The card works fine for display on the tv, except when I try to play a movie full screen. I get something like little horizontal lines on the screen, and the picture bleeds off the side of the screen. Any ideas?
  2. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 794

Is the card plugged directly into the TV, or via a VCR.

If through a VCR then Macrovision will kick in, to stop DVD's etc. from being copied.

Hope this helps.
  3. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 875

It sounds like you have a loose connection. Check all the plugs to make sure they are tight. Try wiggling the plugs while the dvd is playing to see if there is any change.
  4. TenorSax4all

TenorSax4all TS Rookie Topic Starter

No, it goes directly from the s-video out, through a converter, to the component in on the tv. You think it could really be a loose connection? Sounds wierd because it only happens when I put a movie on full screen, it looks fine otherwise. And it's not a DVD, it's a DIVX, if thatmakes a difference.
  5. DaveSylvia

DaveSylvia TS Rookie Posts: 127

It could be the difference. As you may know, Divx is at a lower quality than a DVD. You may want to try playing a DVD movie to see if that problem happens with DVD movies. If the problem doesn't occur when watching a DVD movie, then you'll know that the problem is only with Divx files.
  6. TenorSax4all

TenorSax4all TS Rookie Topic Starter

There's nothing wrong with the DIVX files, they all work fine on the regular monitor. I was messing around with it, and I tried TV Tool. I doesn't help at all on the 800x600 resolution, but when I got down to 640x480 on the tv, I can get perfect fullscreen movies. Any idea why? And any suggestions how to get it to work on a higher resolution?
  7. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

I'll take an educated (at least is should be) guess and say that your vid.card isnt' good enough...

There is a short version here, though not short by the usual definitions, it's short by those others I've encountered so far...

In short, your vid.card has a low end scan converter built in, and it does an ok job at 640*480...
    So when you try to use it at a higher resolution, the card isn't doing a good enough convertion, and you end up with the problems described...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.