GeForce 4 or Radeon 7500?

By Wolfe
Feb 11, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm in a bit of a dilemma here. I spent a good chunk of change on a GeForce 4 MX 440-SE video card.. and now I'm having second thoughts.

I read a lot of information across the net and I seem to find more disappointing info on the card than I do enjoyable info. Getting this feeling I probably shouldn'tve bought it in the first place.

I'm looking at getting an ATI card (for $100 or less.. not rich here..) and I'm looking at the Radeon 7500. Is that just as good, if not better, than the GeForce MX 440?

Also.. GF4 card I bought seems to hate XP.. >.<
  2. Snowy Commando

Snowy Commando Newcomer, in training Posts: 205

A simple reason why the GF4 MX is bad is because it isn't fully DX8-Compliant or doesn't use the core features that makes a true GF4 DX8-Compliant. It's a budget card, the next best performing GF4 is the TI4200 which is more of an average level gamers card that can be O/C to TI4600 with a good HS&Fan to maintain stability.
  3. Nick

Nick Newcomer, in training Posts: 216

what about the ati radeon 8500... thats under $110 and the gf4 ti4200 is under $110 too..
  4. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

I believe the Geforce4 is faster... Of course, not the MX version.

I personally don't care much anymore - Anything you get works fine for a few months and then you have to start turning down details etc... Both cards are more than good enough for your current CPU speed.

Honestly though, a few fps difference doesn't concern me much - But I applaud you for trying to get the most out of your money.
  5. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

ATI RADEON 8500 is a pretty good choice though, prices have dropped very much making it more affordable and reasonable.
  6. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

I bought my 8500LE for $99 awhile ago.
  7. Mr.Guvernment

Mr.Guvernment Newcomer, in training Posts: 85

get an 8500 or the ti4200 - or wait even longer for the Fx and ATI 256mb cards to come out, and prices will drop more - heck, i think can get an ati 9000 for around $100 canadian...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.