Geforce 4 ti4800 probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zraxius

Hey Guys, I just bought my Gainward Geforce 4 ti4800 128 meg 8x agp card, and when first installing it, everything was ok. Now 4 days later, after I turned the computer off than turned it back on the next morning, my bios doesn't load up at all. All I get, is a display of the stats of my card, then either a blank black screen, or the stats show up again permanently instead of my bios loading, and then going on to windows. I've installed all the latest drivers for my vid card and mobo, reseated the card several times, and tested the system with my much older Radeon 7500 which works fine. I have had this problem before and I just used my Radeon to get into the bios and change the vid card settings to AGP. The settings are still AGP and still I have the same exact problem. If anyone knows anything on how to fix this problem, I'd REALLY appreciate it! Here are my specs......

Enermax case w/350w power supply
VIA KT4V MS-6712 mobo
AMD Athlon XP 2100+ processor
512mb pc3200 DDR RAM memory
Gainward Geforce 4 ti4800 Powerpack ultra 750 8x AGP graphics
ATI Radeon 7500 64mb pci (for troubleshooting)

what OS are you running and did you uninstall the radeon drivers before installing the new card?

What os?

I'm running Windows XP PRO SP1, And no, I didn't uninstall Radeon Drivers just in case the Geforce went down on me, but I think I'll try that and get back as soon as I do. Anyway, I've already went and exchanged the card for another of the same since I thought this one was defective. So we'll see how it goes.

I went from A TI-4600 to a 9700pro and had to unload all the detonator drivers and anything nvidea befor my ati would work

Originally posted by novicegamer
I went from A TI-4600 to a 9700pro and had to unload all the detonator drivers and anything nvidea befor my ati would work

Thanks man, I'm gonna do just that. I just installed the new 4800 to replace the last one, and so far everything is good. But just in case I'm gonna delete all ati drivers, and reinstall the nvidia drivers again too. Thanks everyone, I'll let you know if I get into any more problems.

I don't think drivers are an issue as the MB won't even post. He never gets to a point where drivers are even loaded. A bad vid card may have been the problem but I've never had that happen to me so I can's say for sure. I hope the new card works well for you, Zraxius. If it happens again it probably isn't a bad vid card so give us another holler if you have more problems.

Hey Everyone, thanks for posting. The new card seems to work well so far. When I installed it, it ran without a hitch with the drivers I had. I still did my best to get rid of just about everything ATI though. The only prob I've had so far is that after about an hour of play Serious Sam, which came with the graphics card, an error message from Windows XP pops up stating that Serious Sam has encountered a problem and needs to close. Ok, maybe it was more than an hour, but you know how time doesn't exist when you play games. Still it was annoying, Damn isn't 512mb of DDR enough!!? Being a gamer is a never-ending upgrade and tweak struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back