Geforce 5200 fx not working in parallel with the onboard videocard

By dmgeorge18
Aug 3, 2005
  1. I installed this new purchased card and connected a display to it while the second display was connected to the onboard vga card that used to work properly. I installed the drivers, as requested. Since then, the onboard card entirely disappeared and the display connected to it would not turn itself on. The 5200 works ok but it wants a TV display extension and it works ok with it (via a RCA cable). But what i want is the extension to the second display (connected to the onboard videocard).
    XP environment on an MSI 661FM2 LSR VGAcomputer.
    Please, help.
    Thank you
  2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

Sounds like your mobo has auto graphics detection, it has switched off the onboard graphics. U will have to have a play with your bios to see if it will let u run the two together.
  3. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,388

I don't think most motherboards let you do that. The only ones I know of that can are the new "radeon xpress 200" chipset motherboards. A 5200 should support two displays by itself though, if it has 2 video ports(vga + vga, or vga + dvi, etc).
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.