GeForce 6600 256mb interface Qustions?

By Pheryllt
Jan 5, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am thinking about getting the Geforce 6600 256mb Graphics card, it is an AGP 4x/8x card. I know my motherboard has an AGP slot but I do not know if it is a 2x/4x/8x. I am on an eMachines W4065 and was hoping someone could help me determine which one it is.

Thanks.
  2. Vaerilis

Vaerilis Newcomer, in training Posts: 64

Accoding to Amazon, your machine has an i845G series motherboard. If I recall correctly, all i845G boards support 4X AGP, but the only way to make sure would be to run a test program like SiSoft Sandra or Everest and look at the motherboard info.

Edit: According to this article, it indeed supports 4X AGP.
  3. Pheryllt

Pheryllt TechSpot Member Topic Starter Posts: 68

Since it does have a 4x does that mean that it can run the GeForce 6600 4x/8x and would it be any different peformance wise than if it was an 8x??
  4. Vaerilis

The performance difference would be 2-3%, or less (in other words, irrelevant).
  5. Pheryllt

Pheryllt TechSpot Member Topic Starter Posts: 68

I used the program suggested above and got a test of all the components of my computer, The weird thing is it doesnt say it has an AGP slot but the Motherboard book says that it has 1 AGP expansion slot. Any Ideas??
  6. Vaerilis

Weird, the older versions did show some data.
    Try CPU-Z, I've just checked it and it shows the actual AGP transfer rate as well as the maximum supported rate. I hope this helps.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.