Geforce 6600, 6600gt or radeon 9800 pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtruesdale

I'm trying to decide on a graphics card for my system. I've got an AMD Athlon 64bit 3200 processor and my choice of cards are the geforce 6600 with 256mb, the 6600gt with 128mb or the ati radeon 9800 pro with 128.
Any recommendations?

For agp or pci-e? For agp, the 9800pro is only about $130-140 IIRC, and the 6600gt is about $150-160, both are good cards. Some agp 6600gts have a 900mhz memory clock, look for 1000mhz if you can, if it isn't much more $. Also look for a reputable brand.

GO FOR AN ATI RADEON 9800 PRO!!!

TRUST ME, you won't regret it, its sooo much better. You will never go wrong with ATI!!!! I dont trust Nvidia but its still a good company, so get an ATI 100%

TRUST ME, I run a 6 GB game, (Flight Simulator 2004 with a whole lot of add ons) and it is smooth, crisp, and clear IF youknow how to set it up

Hey Armobro1918,
I have two FS9 installations. One is 12.3GB and one is just under 5GB. How does your ATI card work with reflections turned on? I have heard that they don't do well with reflections is why I ask. Also, what do you mean by having the card set up correctly? I'd try an ATI card for sure if it runs FS9 ok. I'm looking at cards now, don't know crap about ATI cards so don't know what I'm looking at. I've used Nvidia cards forever.

Cheers,

Props

I can't stand people who say "Ati is better than Nvidia" or "Nvidia is better than Ati" ITS SO WRONG! Ati is great at AF and Nvidia is great at Anti-Aliasing. Both make great budget mid range and high end cards! Right now the fastest card is the 7800gtx, but I am sure Ati will make a faster one. So please don't say one is better than the other. I have owned plenty of both and loved them all. I like Nvidia just as much as I like Ati. They both have their strong and weak points.

Ati has some great software, yet it may be a bit much just for a graphics card but oh well. Nvidia has some very nice simple software like coolbits. its alot better than Ati's overclocking tool.

I was going to get a 6600 GT but then I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing so ask the guys here and they said that I should go with a gforce 9800 so I am going to spend a little extra cash on one of those.

C_Conqueror said:
I was going to get a 6600 GT but then I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing so ask the guys here and they said that I should go with a gforce 9800 so I am going to spend a little extra cash on one of those.

I think he meant GeForce 6800 :stickout:

ChineseTechie said:
Dog food has more nutritional value than anything in Taco Bell in my humble but accurate opinion. puke:

cT

In all fairness, dog food is specifically engineered to give a dog all the nutrients it needs therefore invalidating your insult of taco bell on said basis :bounce:

But yea, its disgusting.

monksresolve said:
In all fairness, dog food is specifically engineered to give a dog all the nutrients it needs therefore invalidating your insult of taco bell on said basis :bounce:

But yea, its disgusting.

This is exactly what I mean. Even when dog food is engineered to provide dogs with nutrients, when human eat it, they can still get more nutrients than Taco Bell. And thanks monksresolve for your support!! :grinthumb

:knock: cT :knock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back