GeForce 6600 is freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
[COLOR=]I have installed this AGP graphix card from PNY and will run Battlefield 2 for a few minutes and then it freezes. It crashes everything even my whole system then I have to restart computer. I have tried everything I called their tech support they said it was the power supply so I have upgraded to a 400 watt unit. Still is freezing. I have currently a AMD and ASUS motherboard with 1 g of ram please help I think my hair is turning grey. I HAVE DOWNLOADED ALL CURRENT DRIVERS AND CHIPSETS FROM NVIDIA . COM. WHAT ELSE IS LEFT.please help i am going through withdrawls ..[/COLOR] :dead:

I bought the exact same graphics card (256MB AGP version from PNY) about a year ago now, and I've had no end of problems with it.
After installing, and playing a demanding game for a little while, my machine will simply freeze or reset it's-self. I've tried googling for solutions, and it seems that many people have the same problem.

I too have upgraded my Power Supply to a 350W unit, installed all the latest drivers and tried to remove any heat problems, but to no avail.

Since I've had the card for a year now, I'm just about ready to give up and buy a new one...hopefully one that will work correctly.

Hope that you can find a solution. I'll be watching this topic ;)

CrossFire851 said:
Post you last min dumps and Howard will take a look at them.

Thanks for volunteering my services. :p

Minidumps are only produced, when a system crashes completely. I.E If it restarts or bluescreens. Not when it freezes.

Before anyone starts attaching minidumps, they should go HERE and follow the instructions.

BTW Hello idunnno and DAVco4 and welcome to Techspot. :wave: :wave:

idunnno. What psu did you get? We need make and wattage please. As Crossfire said, it may be an overheating problem. Open your case and aim a deskfan at your graphics card. If the freezing then happens less frequently, you do have an overheating problem.

DAVco4. The same applies to you too.

Regards Howard :)

No problem at all recommending you're special talent.

Howard you're the techspot techy when it comes to min dumps and everyone knows it, I just stated the obvious.

You may want to try a 450 watt PSU. *Antec perferably*

It's either because it is under powered or it is overheatting.

Also sometimes when I having a field date with my proc or gpu (OCing) and the whole screen artifacts and freezes sometimes there will be a min dump.

I'd also start by downloading memtest86 and use it's tool to make either a bootable floppy or cdrom and letting it run over night.

If it can get through a few passes of it's tests, this would be a good way to rule out bad/flakey memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back