GeForce 7600gs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmayo

Hi i have a ASUS GeForce 7600gs AGP8x....I have the overclocking tool... I used Detect Optimal Frequencies..Stock it is 400 core/250 memory...Then when i did that it put it at 414 core/290 memory...Does anybody know what the best overclocking settings for this card?

I like this card alot. It really don't need the overclocking but why not.

If you don't know what you are doing, then don't do it. While overclocking is a good thing for the present, it's not a goog thing for the future. It can lower the life of a card, and if done improperly can ruin the card, and the objects like the motherboard surrounding it.

I know what i am doing i was just asking what the best settings are for this...Dont try to jump me nub...you got wimpy pc specs celeron d..

He's offering advice so at least be thankfull. & in a way, what he says is true. If you have to ask, then you don't really know what you're doing.

Someone with experience in overclocking knows that around 10/15% is good for a standard part, beyond that is an exceptionnal part. If you know how to gradually overclock, taking care of the component's cooling, you should find its maximum potential without fear of breaking it.

How will it stand the overclocking in the long run is another matter. It could run fine with these speeds for years, it could die in a month. Just accept the fact that if you overclocked it, you lost the warranty on that very same minute & have no right to complain if it's shot.

Be warned.

If you judge someone's personality based on the specs of that person's computer, I'm not so sure what to think about YOUR personality, johnmayo.

Anyway, as for overclocking the card, just raise the clocks by 5mhz then go play a game and see if there are any artefacts. If there are none, then go back and raise the clocks by another 5 mhz or so and try the game again. When you start to see artefacts, back off about 10 mhz from that speed and you've found your card's maximum stable overclock.

cfitzarl said:
If you don't know what you are doing, then don't do it. While overclocking is a good thing for the present, it's not a goog thing for the future. It can lower the life of a card, and if done improperly can ruin the card, and the objects like the motherboard surrounding it.
Thats True, So Dont Jump at the guy's Face while he gave u an advice,
Anyway uR GFX Card Supports the D.O.T?? if it does then u can choose Levels Like ( Private.COmmander,General) and it iwll over clock it for u

johnmayo said:
Hi i have a ASUS GeForce 7600gs AGP8x....I have the overclocking tool... I used Detect Optimal Frequencies..Stock it is 400 core/250 memory...Then when i did that it put it at 414 core/290 memory...Does anybody know what the best overclocking settings for this card?

I like this card alot. It really don't need the overclocking but why not.
Lol, he's wimpy because he doesn't have a 7600 GS AGP 8X or a cool case Lol. You seriously have some self esteem issues if you go calling people nubs just because there trying to help you and you took it the wrong way like there spoon feading you becase your so incredibly stupid. Why would you want to overclock it's fine as it if you want best performance get the cheaper and better7600 GT
GPU Core Clock Speed (MHz) Pixel Shaders Pixel Fill-Rate (Mpixels/sec) Texel Fill-rate (Mtexels/sec) Vertex Shaders Memory Speed (MHz) Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec)
GeForce 7600 GS 400 12 3200 4800 5 400 12.8
GeForce 7600 GT 560 12 4480 6720 5 700 22.4
or save money and get the
GeForce 6600 GT 500 8 2000 4000 3 500 16
and upgrade your slowly going extinct motherboard.

johnmayo said:
I know what i am doing i was just asking what the best settings are for this...Dont try to jump me nub...you got wimpy pc specs celeron d..

I don't have nice pc specs because I am a student in school, I don't have a lot of money to throw in the computer all at one time. Don't insult me when I try to give you advice. I am telling you from experience what can happen. I am not a beginner at computer components by the way as you acuse me of being. If you are so experienced, why are you posting a thread asking how much to overclock?

^ nevermind him man, u know kids these days, i Give u props for tryin to help him he shud appreciate that

johnmayo also enjoys flaming people in the Gallery forums. I don't think he deserves to be helped but that doesn't mean we should ignore his problem...

the reason i didnt get the 7600gt is because it isnt in the agp interface..and cfitzarl i understand you were trying to help but you kinda implied that i didnt know what i was doing..i was asking if someone had or knew about this card the could give me some pointers..

i am working on a new build...so far i got a ASUS A8n SLI Deluxe...and some other stuff..when i get paid i will probally get a processer and ram and a case and psu...my friend is going to buy the build i have now.

MetalX said:
If you judge someone's personality based on the specs of that person's computer, I'm not so sure what to think about YOUR personality, johnmayo.

Anyway, as for overclocking the card, just raise the clocks by 5mhz then go play a game and see if there are any artefacts. If there are none, then go back and raise the clocks by another 5 mhz or so and try the game again. When you start to see artefacts, back off about 10 mhz from that speed and you've found your card's maximum stable overclock.

hey dog ill kill your build now....im going to put some pics up lets just say intel core 2 and sli deluxe and quad sli and 2 gigs of ram and what ever...i sold that amd bullcrap...

johnmayo said:
amd bullcrap...

I can assure you, most Athlon 64 and FX, easily kick a P4 or a PD.

The bad thing, is that Conroes easily kick AMD's **** :( Hopefully, AMD will catch up again...

johnmayo said:
hey dog ill kill your build now....im going to put some pics up lets just say intel core 2 and sli deluxe and quad sli and 2 gigs of ram and what ever...i sold that amd bullcrap...
dude i dont have a p4 thats my old build and i bet my old build will go strong against him

wolfram said:
I can assure you, most Athlon 64 and FX, easily kick a P4 or a PD.

The bad thing, is that Conroes easily kick AMD's **** :( Hopefully, AMD will catch up again...

and they got some p4 that can beat most amd 64 they called cedar mill and there 64bit and there 3.2ghz

dude i dont give a **** im in school to and i got a job so...NUBS NUBS NUBS

**** CELERY

***********************************************************************************

i hope everybody gets mad and i ll throwdown if uj wantetdsgdsfgaehgdsedsegjjaeghjegshkdhshdfrhdfk

Is I Nub I Dont Know What A Processer Is Or The A Intel Core 2 Extreme Is......and I Got A Life And I Am Having Fun

Easily, a 3700+ San Diego, or a 3500+ Venice, EASILY kick P4 and PD ****. Even if they're Cedar Mill (which is a "cool" Prescott)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back