GeForce 7900 GT OC Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malice

First off, here are the relevant specs:
AMD 64 x2 3800+ Dual Core
1Gb of RAM
nVidia BFG GeForce 7900 256mb GT OC video card

This issue has arisen recently while playing Counterstrike. I'll be playing and then the game will stutter for a second and then resume. This happens about every 10 minutes or so and becomes very annoying. I've tried updating drivers and nothing works. After updating to the newest forceware, it seems a new problem has come up wherein my internet connection will just cut out and will not be able to be repaired unless I reboot. I'm connected wirelessly by the way. Does anyone know of a way to fix this or at least a way to figure out exactly what is going on? Help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hello!
Couple ???'s
What motherboard & chipset.
What psu do you have and it's specs?
What cpu cooling are you using & # of case fans?
Are all of your video & MoBo drivers, game & OS updates current?

Do you have more than one Hdd?
If so do you have your pagefile set to the same hdd as the OS is installed to?

make sure your motherboard, bios, graphics, NIC etc drivers are all up to date. Are you connected by WI-FI? or true wireless? if its WI-FI, certain things can intefere with the signal, ie bluetooth devices, microwaves, phones etc.. So have a look at those aspects. Let me know how you go

I'd also like to ask you to upgrade the firmware for any router(s) you may be using. It might help to fix the problem.

Alright, first I'll answer the easier questions. I am playing Counterstrike multiplayer. The reason I'm concerned is because this issue did not seem to happen before and I've asked others on the server and they seem to think it's a video card driver issue. I am connected wirelessly...I think. I am connected to a wireless router in my home through a USB device in my own computer. As for the motherboard I believe it is an Asus m2n4 SLI board. PSU came with the case which is an Antec Sonata and I believe it's...450 watt...not sure exactly. As for drivers, I'm not entirely sure that BIOS and the motherboard are up to date as I'm not really sure where to find those updates and up to this point have been to lazy to look. Thanks for all the replies thus far though, I appreciate it.

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
I'd also like to ask you to upgrade the firmware for any router(s) you may be using. It might help to fix the problem.

i have wireless, what do u mean firmware??

Malice said:
As for drivers, I'm not entirely sure that BIOS and the motherboard are up to date as I'm not really sure where to find those updates and up to this point have been to lazy to look.
You'll find your motherboard drivers and such here:
M2N4-SLI

Video drivers here

Wireless routers have update firmware from time to time.
Check with the manufacturer.

G'Luck!

topps999 said:
i have wireless, what do u mean firmware??
Well, firmware is kinda like a driver upgrade for routers, disk drives etc. It upgrades the software that is inherently embedded in the device that allows ur computer to automatically recognize the device, among other things. Firmware upgrades increase performance and reliability and also help certain CD/DVD ROMs/burners read/recognize and write to new media types that may have been released since the drive was made available.

Thanks for the links. Should I install the nVidia RAID drivers? I'm not really sure what it would do.

Only if you are running a raid configuration on your hard drives.
mirrored or striped.
raid0, raid1, raid3 etc.

How do I know if I'm running such a configuration. Also, how do I install the BIOS update. I've downloaded it and have never updated it before and am therefore ignorant as to how to go about doing it. It's a .bin file and I'm aware that in some cases you are required to put this file on a floppy and then stick it in as the computer boots however I do not have a floppy drive.

But those instructions are for booting from an USB stick.
When I updated my BIOS, I needed to use a floppy drive. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back