Geforce and ATI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher2006

if the choice is limted to those two cards I would take the 6600gt, but frankly I would prefer the 256MB version. if you like playing newer games at high resolutions or games with large maps then go for a 256mb card. if you only play games like the sims then either one will do fine.

wicked lol, i prefer the 6600GT, sure the 128mb can play more than just the sims.. what about COD, Vietcong 1 and 2..SOF2 them kinda games

For gaming, that 6600GT will eat that little 9550 card for breakfast. It has double the pixel pipes and higher frequencies.

Of course 256mb cards are better if you are comparing relatively NEW cards. But the technology on that 9550 card is so old that even with 256mb of memory it is too damn slow.

Hi all,

my brother has the 6600gt and is very pleased,
i'm a bit jealous :haha:

Why don't you go for pci Express?
is two times faster than agpx8. pciEx16,
Ofcourse your mobo has to support this. :giddy:

charp said:
Hi all,
Why don't you go for pci Express?
is two times faster than agpx8. pciEx16,
Ofcourse your mobo has to support this. :giddy:

Actually a PCI-e card and a AGP8x card perform almost EXACTLY the same. There are no real performance increase when moving to PCI-e.

PCI-e has the potential to work at twice the transfer rate as AGP, but it is the the cards themselves that don't utilize it. In fact most cards today are not even utilizing the full potential of AGP8x.

However, for those buying new motherboards, it makes sense to get a PCI-e slot for your video cards, as most new ones are now ONLY being made in PCI-e form.

Cypher2006 said:
nah lol i will stick to APG and im glad bout that little battle with the 9550 thanks

Well that card will do you for now, but don't dump any more money into that platform, AGP is on its way out. You have been warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back