GeForce FX 5200 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, i recently installed a new graphics card (GeForce FX 5200). Once installed i noticed a difference in my PC performance, i used to play Championship Manager 03/04 and had no problems with performance until this new graphics card was installed. I decided to upgrade my memory from 256 to 640mb ram. I have noticed a difference in Windows load up time but nothing else really. CPU usage is at 100% usually. When windows first loads everything runs smoothly for 20mins or so untill it starts to slow down.
If anyone could help i'd be very grateful.

System Details:
Dell Dimension DIM2350
Pentium 4 CPU 2.00GHz
640 MB RAM
GeForce FX 5200 128MB
Windows XP

same problem

i have the same problem but my computer is starting to run slow at once in game (like World of Warcraft) i dont know what the problem is becous i didnt have this problem before

I have a friend with a 2350 from dell. It only has a 200 watt power supply. If everything is fine until the machine heats up the it may be the PSU.

You need a minimum of 250 watts on the specs for a geforce 4000 and up. I had the 5200 pci in a compaq with 250 watt power supply and it would still flake out by rebooting once in a while.

Everything you put in your machine uses watts up. If you have alot of stuff in it even 250 may not be enough.

Compusa has a 400 watt power supply for $10 with a $30 rebate. $40-$30=$10. A good upgrade for the 2350 because that P4 1.8 is way underpowered and very upgradable.

Component Wattage Required:

Motherboard 15-30
Low-End CPU 20-50
Mid To High-End CPU 40-100
RAM 7 per 128MB
PCI Add-In Card 5
Low To Mid-Range Graphics 20-60
High-End Graphics 60-100
IDE Hard Drive 10-30
Optical Drives 10-25

Let me know if this solves the problem. If everything is fine and then after sometime it goes bad that doesn't sound like a software problem. It is a PSU/heat problem I think, but I am not much of a tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back