Geforce fx 5500 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I bought this card today hoping that it would work today, I did everything the manual told me to do, to put the card into my tower and all I uninstalled the old graphics card and I shut down my computer then I took off the side panel and put the Geforce FX 5500 into its pci slot and then closed the side panel and then put all the cables back in including the monitor cable into the new graphics card and then I started my pc up again in loaded perfectlly until it came to the part where it shows the accounts to log into and usually right after the last loading screen it goes black for a second or two then opens the account screen but it hasnt opened the account screen and its been like half an hour now. I'm on my other computer right now lol.

Does that card have 2 outlets? I have a Geforce FX 5200 which has 2 VGA outlets. If I plug into one, the monitor comes right on. If I accidentally plug into the other outlet, I get no picture. Good Luck. I assume that you have gone to "device mgr. to see your display adaptor listed and that it and it's drivers are listed as "working properly" Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back