Geforce FX 5700 LE

By Firebird
Jul 8, 2004
  1. I have a AMD Athlon xp 2600, 512 of pc2700 and a geforce fx 5700 le. would i be able to play FAR CRY better than the same computer with a GEFORCE 2 MX 400 ?? Please help me out . thanks.
  2. Raiders

Raiders TS Rookie Posts: 69

LOL Solitare will play better with the FX-5700.
    in a sence your jumping out of a Hundie and getting in a corvette.
    it mostly has to do with the DirectX9.0 compatibility.
    I too went from a MX-440 to a FX-chip (5200 Ultra) and even my desktop looked better.
    Have fun
  3. Firebird

Firebird TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 27

cool. thanks alot man. I was just worried that i wouldn't be able to play FAR CRY very well. thanks
  4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

It will certainly play FarCry better then the GF2MX but that doesn't mean it will play it well.

You're gonna have to lower the quality & the resolution to get a decent framerate out of that card.
  5. gotaman27

gotaman27 TS Rookie

Far Cry is a resource hog on your system. 512mb probably won't cut it.I had the same amount of memory and tried to run the game. The darn thing was choppy.... at the time I had the Nvidia 6800 OC Needless to say I got an extra 512mb to add in........................:suspiciou
  6. NeonShadow

NeonShadow TS Rookie

I used to have an Geforce 4 MX 440. And 2 days ago I upgraded to a Geforce FX 5700 LE. AND IM LOVING IT!!! I noticed a HUGE difference when playing Call Of Duty. I can run the game online with every setting on high and extra without a single peice of lag.

With the GF4 400. I ran the lowest settings and still had problems here and there. Its pretty sick.

I noticed though.. My old GF4 ran Halo differently then this new card. I liked the old way. But oh well.
  7. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,377

The Far Cry demo made my system choke worse then Doom 3 did.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.