geforce fx5200 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Have A Acer Veriton 5500 With A S88m Motherboard And Onboard Graphics Just Bought A Geforce Fx 5200 128mb Pci Video Card To Put In It.disabled Onboard Graphics And Installed The Card Switched On The Computer And All Got Was A Blank Screen The Computer It Self Was Working But No Monitor.the Monitor Was Plugged Into The Video Card But Still Nothing Is This Video Card Compatible With This Motherboard And Is There Other Settings That Need To Be Changed In The Bios.your Help Is Appreciated.thanks

You say that it's a PCI card? Are you sure it's not PCI-E? With on-board video, you usually have to run PCI-E or AGP depending on your motherboard, otherwise your computer may recognize it as a secondary display. Try leaving that card in, and plugging the monitor into the on-board graphics. If it turns on, then you'll probably need to replace that PCI card with PCI-E/AGP.

Your bios may have a feature that can disable the on-board graphics though, I know mine doesn't. Good luck figuring that one out.

geforce fx5200 pci 128mb video card

the video card only has pci on it i made sure that was what was needed.is there a way to tell if my motherbard is able to use this card.

I had the same problem when i first put in my FX5500. My problem was that it was still using the integrated graphics card as the primary display device, I'm running XP SP2, i pluged my monitor back into my onboard graphics card and then from there right clicked desktop -> properties -> settings -> (rest is vague it was a while ago), however i believe there are two tabs one for the FX5200 and one for the onboard, select the FX5200 and select use this device as my primary device, or use this device to display. Something along those lines. Then go back to the onboard and uncheck it since you wont be needed it anymore. Restart and your set. You should consider disabling the onboard in the device manager also. Hope it helps.

Can you tell us what kind of power you're working with? It sounds like the card isn't getting enough power. If you can check your psu and find out how many amps you have on the 12v rail that'd be good too. I'm not really familiar with this card, did a molex cable come with it?(it's multi-coloured and has one or two 4 pin connectors)If it did, did you connect that to the psu?
I'm actually not sure if you'd have to uninstall drivers as well if you had onboard graphics, I hope someone else knows :eek:

Unless I overlooked it, I didn't read anywhere that drivers for the new card were installed nor, as paranoid guy mentioned whether you uninstalled the old drivers first. Did you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back