geforce fx5500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone this my first time posting an issue. I have a video card Geforce FX5500 (Just purchased on 8/17/07) installed into my machine which is connected to my TV. I disabled the internal video card also hit F1 (BIOS) switch setting to PCI. Everything was in proper working order. Until, I answered several questions during setup in my windows media center and reboot. The windows xp display is clear with the processing meter. When this is over, the display is know distorted with a bunch of line running horizontally across the screen. Does anyone have a quick solution to the above? Thanks

Hello, i am also using the BFG/3Dfuzion version of the Geforce 5500 256MB PCI card. However i am not using windowsXP. I am using Windows98se and i see a quick flash of a white link before the Windows98se logo appears before it gets to my desktop, the line only appears to be seen when you first install the card.

So i dont see it anymore. I also dont have a option in windows98se where i have to disable the internal video card. I mean all i have to do is check the " disable in device manger and thats it " lol

I guess someone can help you, because i cant because i seem to be only person on the planet who has windows98se lol, but i also dont have has much problems as others using xp or 2000 or vista lol.

BTW, the geforce 5500 card is very powerful, dont listen to those who say otherwise.

Kpos6969, you dont have to direct the first answer to me, because my computer meets the system requirements, expect for the PSU , mine is at 90 watts. The card never heats up and my PSU limit is dust free ( because i clean it every 8 months ) and it blows out very very cool air and my computer only heats up when its hot in the house. Well it gets warm.

I had this same computer for over 6 years. The Geforce 5500 Runs fine and to me its quite powerful, not as powerful as the new cards obvious, but its ok for me and to what games i have :)

No offense meant, I just never heard of a 90w psu on a computer before. My old system (6years old) P4 1.7ghz FX5500 has a 250w psu, which is the requirement for the FX5500. My mistake.

Tha General said:
The card never heats up and my PSU limit is dust free ( because i clean it every 8 months ) and it blows out very very cool air and my computer only heats up when its hot in the house. Well it gets warm.

heat has nothing to do with power, although a more powerful PSU might create more heat. power can cause all kinds of problems with computers and the video card to miss be have is just one. it would advisable for u to get a better PSU. get a new PSU and get a 350wat to be sure and have enough.

I have a radeon 7000 , and a radeon 9250 256MB PCI card in my card, for about 5 years, and this computer is 7 years old. Now i have a Geforce 5500 256MB PCI card, and i am using a Intel P3 600MHZ, 90 PSU, 512Megs of ram, Cheap Soundcard, with no hardware buffer ( whatever the hell that is lol ) 60GB.

From what i was told, the more powerful stuff you have in your computer, this can cause problems if you have a low PSU. My computer is just fine , believe me. Also, i dont think i can get a new PSU, because the one i have no is 90watts and its small , and even new/bigger that i would buy, wont fit.

I bought a 350 PSU unit, but its too freakin big. So if i want to get a more powerful PSU, i would have to change my whole tower, which i am not about to do.

Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back