Geforce FX5600 why so jerky on lowest settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOGUN

Hi,

I have a GeForce FX5600 (256mb) and all of a sudden, it has started running REALLY bad.

I have the 53.04 drivers for win98SE (which is what I have), my computer is an Athlon 2000xp (1gig DDR RAM). I am having REALLY bad framerate problems in Halo and Call of Duty...even on the lowest settings.....

My MB only supports AGP4x (which I thought was my problem), but the card was fine the first couple of times I played these games....I haven't changed anything.......at all?!?!?!?

I really hope someone can shed a bit of light on this........please?

...a very angry online gamer.......:mad:

You might want to try defragmenting the drive with your games, a fragmented drive can cause stutters like that...

Also, did you recently update your drivers? The new drivers may be causing problems...

Thanx

Hi there,

Thanx for you reply,
I have a clean system (more or less), just re-installed windows....but I know what your saying...and I agree.

I've just been playing around with it...seems that an AGP4x MB does not like the textures set too high on this card....I guess it must need to use AGP8x for high texturing?!?!?

Game runs wicked now in 1024....everything else is set just above standard....smooth as u like....

I am now a very happy bunny!!!!!

On with the gaming.....hahaha.

Cheers guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back