TechSpot

GeForce graphic card problems.

By Pasha23
Feb 15, 2006
  1. I have the new XFX GeForce GTX 256mb graphic card and when ever I turn on a game it plays for a while and then shuts down. The computer restarts, but the screen doesn't turn on. I was told that its the overheat of my graphic card. The part where I am really lost is that no matter if its the lowest settings or the highest settings its the same. Is there anything I can do in the settings to fix it somehow? If it is possible can you tell me step by step because I did not find it myself. Any other hints to fix this would also help a lot. Looking for help asap since a new powerful computer is a waste if the graphic card is acting stupid. >.<

2. Evalds

Evalds TS Rookie

hmm.... only one version:

You need to buy a more powerful power supply.
    (It's true- i looked up, recommended is 500W for 7800 GTX)

But be careful when buying a power supply, it's important to look not only at the total output (500W) but also at the output that can be supplied (amperage).
    You should buy only a power supply that can supply 30A from the 12V lines.

that's all...

3. SOcRatEs

SOcRatEs TechSpot Paladin Posts: 966

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot! to both of you

I agree, based on limited info.

Pasha23,
    What are the specs for your system?

4. Exscind

Exscind TS Rookie Posts: 26

Yeah... you can't expect people to help with your problem if you don't give us any leads on where the origin of the problem lies. And for a 7800GTX card, I wouldn't even dare touch a 350w or a 400w :p. My bare minimum recommendation would start at 500w (of a reputable brand like OCZ or Enermax) just so there is no chance for the fluctuation of the power to screw my entire system.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.