GeForce Power Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Sorry if this specific subject has died the death here already, but I did some searching and I couldn't find a good solution for this problem.

I'm sure you've heard of it before, but my GeForce 7950GT is giving me a nice little error: "The NVIDIA System Sentinel is reporting that the NVIDIA-powered graphics card is not recieving sufficient power."

A little story behind it..

I've had this video card for several months now and it's given me no problem at all. The problems only started when I decided to upgrade a few computer pieces and add 2 new ones that were missing from the last setup.

Old computer was an AMD Athlon X2 4200+ with 1GB of DDR Ram, A8N-SLI Motherboard, and a 650W power supply, with the abovementioned video card.

New computer is an Intel Core 2 Duo e6420 with 2GB of DDR2 Ram, MSI P965 Neo motherboard (!), the same power supply and the same video card with the two new pieces being a dedicated sound card and a Vantec Vortex 2 HDD cooler. OS is now Windows XP Professional x64 instead of Windows XP Home on the old machine.

Basically, i'm not entirely sure how a sound card and a HDD cooler that "fans" less air than the little fan on the side of my case does is mauling this much power and causing the video card to throw hissy fits. I have a sneaking doubt that the PSU has nothing to do with it, but am at a loss because the power connector is of course connected and everything is the same with it as last time in the old computer.

Any other information can be provided but i'm at a loss. I would like to use the computer for games but am reluctant to do so just in case something happens out of this warning. Once again I apologize if this has been handled before.

Thank you for your time.

Alright, I managed to solve the problem. Just needed to replace a certain wire. I now get no warnings from the computer about low power when I start up. Thank you very much for attempting to help me though, but there is now, unfortunately, another problem.

I like to run the tests at http://www.pcpitstop.com to make sure my computer is working fine, and it's reporting that I have low Video performance (particularly in the 'line-drawing' section). This has never happened before. Could this be due to the most recent drivers, power, or something else?

Sorry for troubling you again, and thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back